The Wiss Family Houses in Avon-by-the-Sea, NJ
Avon-by-the-Sea is where the Wiss family summered from the 1920s to 1950s.
- Frederick C.J. and Charlotte Wiss:
- 112 5th Ave, Bradley Beach. Prior to Avon they rented or owned here. Presumably this was before 1913.
- 26 Lincoln Ave. Sold in 1956. Was torn down in 2009.
- Norman F. Wiss [Sr.]:
- 101 Lincoln Ave. Built by them, sold in the depression of the 1930s. Originally had salt marsh behind it. Now has dormers and additions poking out of it. [1920s photo exists. Needs to be extracted from 16mm film.]
- Jerome B. Wiss:
- 32 Lincoln Ave [just west of #26]. Sold a year or two after Norman Wiss sold their house.
- J. Robert Wiss
- first block of Sylvania Ave. He sold about when Jerome sold.
- Bertrand H. Sommer:
Return to J. Wiss Family Page